Parent Professional Learning
Professional and personal growth opportunities are available to any family currently enrolled in Head Start, ECEAP, or Early Head Start, and to past parents who are currently participating in Policy Council.
PERSONAL AND PROFESSIONAL GROWTH OPPORTUNITIES
- Bus Driver Training (revised 8/12/2019) - Train to earn your Commercial Driver's License, Class B and operate as a Bus Driver
- Interpreter Training - Learn how to help bridge the gap between those who speak different languages by becoming a bilingual interpreter
- Peer Health Educator - Learn how to advocate for your family's health
- Peer Literacy Educator - Learn how parents can help their children be successful in school
- Peer Math Educator - Learn information designed to help parents understand the importance of increasing a child's competence and confidence in math
- Peer Money Educator - Learn knowledge to empower yourself and your family
Child care will NOT be available on site for any of our Parent Professional Learning Opportunities. Child care and mileage will be supplemented for parents/guardians of enrolled Head Start, Early Head Start, or ECEAP children according to current policies.
Parent Professional Learning — Peer Programs Brochure
Request Peer Programs brochures
PARENT PROFESSIONAL LEARNING FORMS AND PROCEDURES
- Teachback Request Procedure
- Parent Professional Learning Electronic Teachback Request Form for Peer Programs
- Teachback Requests must be recieved 3 WEEKS IN ADVANCE in order to be scheduled.
- Cancellations for scheduled Teachbacks must received a minimum of 48 hours prior to event.
- Cancellations DO NOT meet the requirement of One (1) Family Event per quarter.
Peer Programs "Print & Post" Flyers:
- Parent Professional Leraning Peer Programs Info Sheet: English Spanish
- Peer Health Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Literacy Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Math Teachback: English Spanish
- Peer Money Teachback: English Spanish
All family support staff has access to Parent Professional Learning Resources that are updated yearly. You should keep on-hand the detailed fact sheets (found at-top) for each of the Parent Professional Learning Opportunities available to share with families.
- 2019-2020 Parent Professional Learning Training Calendar (revised 8/5/19)
- Family Support Staff Roles and Responsibilities
- GED Information (revised 8/1/19)
If you have questions or need additional information about the PSESD Parent Professional Learning program, please contact:
|For Bus Driver training:
King Co. — 425-917-7958
Pierce Co. — 253-778-7958
|For Interpreter training:
King Co. — 425-917-7819
Pierce Co. — 253-778-7819
For Parent Professional training: