Seminar Series 2019
Seminar Series is an opportunity for in-depth study of a topic over the course of three months. Groups gather three times for instruction, with time for experimentation and practice in between.
Topics are chosen based on gathered data on child outcomes, data gathered through the Early Achievers system, and requests from Coaches, Consultants, Center Directors and staff.
Racial Equity Seminar Series
PSESD Early Learning is offering a three-part Seminar Series on Racial Equity: March 27; April 24; and May 22.
Participants will increase their awareness of race and the impact of race, racism, stereotypes and bias on the work we do with children and families. Through interactive and exploratory experiences, participants will gain multiple strategies to discover their own personal 'why' as well as approaches to lead with racial equity.
- Provides 9 hours of professional leaning towards the required 15/20 annual hours.
- Open to both teaching staff and family support staff.
- We are limited to 25 participants.
- In order to register you must be available and ready to commit to attending all three sessions, in addition to personal work in between each date.
PSESD Early Learning Equity & Inclusion Managers
Presenters: Heather Kawamoto & Michelle Morse
Register now for the Racial Equity Seminar Series
Dual Language Learners Training Series
The purpose of this 12 hour training is to equip early learning providers with tools to support bilingual children and families in their classrooms.
The topics covered in this training include:
- Understanding of the importance of culture in the acquisition of language,
- The benefits of learning more than one language,
- Practices that support language development for all children, and family engagement
You must be available to attend all four sessions as scheduled:
The series will be broken down into 4 sessions. The initial training will be 6 hours. The following two trainings will be presented in 2-hour Community of Practice sessions and the final 2 hours will be a DLL capstone followed by coaching support. Those who participate will receive 12-hours of professional learning hours (including STARS hours for those working in licensed facilities), an educational tool kit that includes books, educational toys and other learning materials to use with children.
- Tuesday, April 23, 2019 10:00AM - 4:00PM
- Friday, May 3, 2019 10:00AM-12:00PM
- Friday, May 10, 2019 10:00AM-12:00PM
- Friday, May 24, 2019 10:00AM-12:00PM
Register now for the Dual Language Learners Training Series