Outcomes Report (ECEAP)
Released on February 20, 2016, here are some highlights from the 2014-15 ECEAP Outcomes Report:
- Characteristics of children in ECEAP,
- Child development and learning outcomes,
- Kindergarten readiness data and more.
Using the kindergarten readiness benchmark in GOLD by Teaching Strategies, data shows that few children start their Pre-K year in ECEAP with kindergarten entry skills. At the end of one year of ECEAP, the percentage of ECEAP children with kindergarten entry skills increases significantly. For children with two years of ECEAP, the results are remarkably higher.
The 2014-15 school year was an expansion year for ECEAP with:
- A total of 47 ECEAP contracts with educational service districts, school districts, community colleges, local governments and nonprofits; eight contractors were new to ECEAP this year.
- A total of 336 ECEAP sites across Washington, including 65 new locations.
- A total of 10,091 slots for children, which was an increase of 1,350.